LASIK or Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis referred to as laser surgery of eye or for the correction of different refractive errors-myopia, hypermetropia, and astigmatism. Refractive errors are caused due to difference between the shape of the cornea (curvature) and the length of the eye. Lasik Eye Surgery involves reshaping the dome-shaped transparent cornea which is the front part of the eye. It permits light traveling through cornea is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye. The ultimate goal of LASIK is to reshape the cornea in order to improve visual acuity Lasik Eye Surgery provides a permanent alternative to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
LASIK Eye Surgery procedure
LASIK is an outpatient surgical procedure. It normally takes 10 to 15 minutes for each eye. It involves creating a flap of corneal tissue so that an excimer laser (an ultraviolet laser)is used to precisely remove corneal tissue, giving it a new shape so that light rays are focused clearly on the retina. Lasik Eye Surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who uses a laser or microkeratome to reshape cornra. Once the reshaping is done, the surgeon replaces and secures the flap. It does not require stitches. The cornea will naturally hold the flap in place.
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
1) It corrects refractive errors and Around 95% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK
2) Involves little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
3) Vision is corrected immediately or by the day after LASIK surgery
4) No bandages or stitches are required
5) After having eye Lasik surgery, most patients have a melodramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens reliance and many no longer need them at all.
Lasik Eye Surgery Cost
The cost of LASIK varies. It ranges from $299 to $5,000 per eye. The national average cost of Custom Bladeless LASIK (the type doctors and patients prefer for its advanced safety) is about $2,000 per eye.
LASIK Costs in Bangladesh
Lasik Surgery (Both Eyes)
PRK (Both eyes)
PTK (Both eye)
Pachymetry (Both eye)
Biometry (Both eye)
LASIK Eye Surgery Complications | LASIK Surgery Risks
- Corneal infection
- Corneal scarring
- Decrease in contrast sensitivity
- Dry eyes
- Glare or haloes
- Reduced vision
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage
- Epithelial ingrowth
- Corneal keratocytes
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal detachment
LASIK Eye Surgery Video