Android operating based smartphone is the most popular smartphone now a day. The technology lovers specially the young generations have great fascination for android smart phone. One can use android smartphone as a modem alongside as a phone. Using an Android Smartphone As Modem is little bit different from Nokia which was the most popular mobile phone company in the world. While normal Nokia phone provide you 2G connections, most of the android smartphone provide you 2G as well as 3G connections. Let’s discuss How To Use Android Smartphone As Modem.
Tethering will provide your android smartphone to use as a modem of PC or laptop. Android smartphone offers three ways to create this connection-
1. USB Connection
2. Bluetooth Hotspot
3. Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
What Are Requirements To Use Android Smartphone As Modem
2. Desktop, laptop or netbook,
3.USB sync cable for Android Smartphone
4.A copy of Clockwork Mod Tether Alpha (Available for Windows/Mac/Linux)
You need not any other application like PC Suite
Procedure To Use Android Smartphone as Modem
1. Enable data connection ( Internet connection ) of Android Smart Phone via USB cable. [Don’t click on USB storage]
2. Go to ‘Settings’ option of your Android Smartphone
3. All setting.
4. Then go to ‘Wireless settings’
5. Tethering & portable Hotspot.
6. Touch on ‘Tethering USB’
7. Wait for about 1 minute to let your computer connect to the Internet automatically.
Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
1.Go to ‘Settings’ option of your Android Smartphone
2. Touch on ‘Wireless & networks’, then “More…” from the Wireless & Networks section
3. Touch on “Tethering & Portable Hotspot
4. Touch on ‘portable Wi-Fi hotspot’ [On some Android phones, this option is called “Portable WLAN Hotspot.”]
5. Touch “Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot” or “Configure WLAN Hotspot.”
Now your android smartphone will work as a Wi-Fi device & you can connect to the Internet from your PC using Wi-Fi.
1. Go to ‘Settings’ option of your Android Smartphone
2. Touch on “Bluetooth” from the Wireless & Networks section.
3. Touch on “Off” to turn Bluetooth on and then touch “Not Visible to Other Bluetooth Devices” to make the Android phone discoverable for two minutes.
4. Click the Start button of your desktop or laptop computer and then add a device.
5. Select Android Smartphone from the list and click “Next” to run the wizard and pair your phone.
6. Press the “Back” button, Touch on ‘Wireless & networks’, then “More…” from the Wireless & Networks section.
7. Touch on “Tethering & Portable Hotspot.”
8. Check “Bluetooth Tethering” to share your Android Smartphone’s Internet.
Check your desktop or laptop computer network status icon. The computer network Icon will show Network Status is enable.