A razor is a bladed tool primarily used in the removal of unwanted body hair through the act of shaving. Different types of razor are found now a days like-Straight razors, Disposable blade straight razors, Safety razors, Electric razors etc. The Electric Razor is powered by a small DC motor which is either powered by batteries or mains electricity. The electric razor usually does not require the use of shaving cream, soap, or water. There are two main types of men’s electric razor: rotary and foil
- Foil: These are the classic electric razors and look like a smooth roll of metal. They partially pluck out each hair which the razor section then cuts – the snipped hair then retracts back into skin and is no longer visible from the outside. Sounds slightly painful but it’s not in the slightest.
- Rotary: These are the ‘newer’ ones and they operate very similarly to foil razors except they have a different honey-comb layout.
Review of Some Best Electric Razor For Men
1. Braun Series 7 760cc-4
Type: Best foil electric razor
2. Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D 1250X
Type: Best rotary electric shaver
Type: Best wet/dry foil shaver
4. Philips Norelco PQ208
Type: Best battery-powered shaver
How To Use An Electric Razor
- Make sure you have a smooth screen and a sharp blade.
- Wash your face. This will help soften your beard and thus make it easier to get a clean shave.
- Dry your face and dust your beard/stubble with talcum powder.
- Use an alcohol based pre-shave. It will remove oils from your skin and make your facial hair stand straight up. A powder version can be used if you find alcohol to be an irritant.
- Shave against the direction of your hair.
- Don’t go over the same spots repeatedly to avoid irritation.
- Use one hand to pull your skin taught while you shave with the other.
- If using a rotary Electric Razor shaving in the circular motion will pick up the hair easily.
- If using foil Electric Razor shaving up and down in the vertical motion will work best.
- Apply lotion to your newly shaved face. This is especially important if you use alcohol based pre-shave, as the alcohol dries your face out.
- Clean your Electric Razor. In many models you can lift off the head of the razor. You should then brush the whiskers out of the cutter and cleaning brush.
- Lubricate the metal pieces of your cutter and screen. A small amount of lubricant should be sprayed on the screen while the razor is running. Do not wipe it off when you’re done.
Tips & Warnings
- Since electric razors are less messy and a lot safer than regular razors.
- Remember that using an electric razor can take longer, so allow yourself enough time to use it.
- Do not allow the cord of the electric razor to fall into a bathroom sink that contains water while you are using it.
- Keep in mind that electric razors can cause ingrown hairs and cuts, so be gentle.